The Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts mission is to foster growth in and awareness of Western New York’s artistic and cultural treasures and improve the fabric of our unique urban environment. We strive to accomplish our mission in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- To give regional artists, craftspeople, musicians, arts organizations and community groups a family oriented venue in which to present their work, and to help foster the creation and growth of these grassroots enterprises.
- Create a children’s festival that celebrates and educates through the Arts. Offering hands -on art projects, some collaborative, that will bring together children of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Commission and fund public art, fund tree plantings and other beautification projects.
- Create an environmentally sustainable event
- Highlight the richness of the Elmwood Avenue neighborhood, its stores, restaurants and people.
We plan on accomplishing this by seeking out regional artists and developing marketplaces for them in cooperation with neighborhood businesses, regional arts organizations, galleries, colleges and universities and our sponsors. We feel that providing such a venue is an economic development tool for the neighborhood, city, region and state.
The 2016 Festival Committee:
Festival Chairman: Joe DiPasquale
Performance Committee: Michelle Perkins Kowalewski, Ron Kowalewski, Angela Hastings, Dee Adams, Christine Fraser
Site: Joe Moslow, Kevin Lee, John Marfoglia, Tom Kelly, Joe Hassett, Pat Murphy, Anthony Sabuda, Tom Murphy, David Reimers, Joseph Reimers, Larry Lundberg
Kidsfest: Ellie Byrne, Maureen Chapman, Dana Kemp, Franklin LaVoie, Tanya Zabinski
Volunteer: Katherine Pessecow, Kara Rickicki, and John Veenis
Cultural&Environmental Row: Marika Woods-Frankenstein, Laura Popielarski
Artist Market: Joe DiPasquale
Website: Patrick Buchholz
Festival Guide: Kristin Meyer, Jared Mobarak
Festival Beverages: Jeff Carballada, Cathy Kiggins, Sean Kiggins, Kyeung Stringer, Mike Stringer, Mark Kubiniec
Festival Cafe: Jennifer Mogensen, John Strong
Merchandise Sales: Carla Freeland, Michael Smith, Brendan McCafferty, Elaine Grisanti, Michael Grisanti
Block Captains: Kristin Meyer, Michael Niman